Does my Crawl Space need to be cleaned?
Water Damage, Dry Rot
Homes with vented crawl spaces can be a disaster waiting to happen. The humidity and dampness of the Pacific NW can wreak havoc on the space under your house. Your Crawl Space can quickly become a nasty, and smelly area with dry rot and decay.
Your crawl space is an important part of your house where heating ducts, plumbing and electrical wires are vulnerable and keeping it clean is critically important since up to 40% or more of the air that we breathe in our home, originates from there.
Rodents, Rats, Mice and other Critters Love Your Crawl Space
Your home’s crawl space is not an inviting place to you, but rodents, raccoon’s and all kinds of other pests, love it. The main problem is that while it provides warmth, shelter and safety for rodents and other pests, over time they can cause significant damage to your single most important investment, your home!!!
We can turn your crawl space into a dry, clean, and healthy area. By repairing & protecting your crawl space you will be improving indoor air quality and making your home more energy efficient.
Get a complete summary of the condition of the crawl space and recommendations for repair & improvement.
- We evaluate potential water damage and look for any water pooling under the house.
- We inspect insulation and your current vapor barrier.
- We inspect plumbing and electrical lines in the crawl space.
- We document all vents, entry points and access doors.
- We evaluate rodent, or small animal intrusion and damage.
- We inspect all wood for termite and signs of insect activity.
We will give you a repair & restoration plan which may include de-humidifying and removing moisture, insulating plumbing, sealing access points, pest control treatments, repair or replacement of insulation and vapor barrier.